Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Chocolate Fountain is a Hit!

Tonight we finally got a big enough group together to try out the chocolate fountain. I filled it up and everyone was standing there drooling waiting for it to be ready. I was quite surprised how much chocolate we used up, but we were all trying different things and being creative. I know I had more than my share, but I had to try everything that everyone brought to dip in the chocolate. We tried the dark Belgian chocolate tonight and it was absolutely incredible! And believe it or not, I resisted the urge to start dipping right away so I could snap a few pictures first. Before I took it apart and cleaned it, we got even more creative trying to use up some of the chocolate. I thought of some more items I absolutely have to try next time. And of course we still have to try the milk chocolate and the white chocolate!

I also learned in the last day or so that they say that dark chocolate is good for you. It contains lots of anti-oxidants and is good for you. A quote from whatscookingamerica.net, "Eating 2 ounces (50 grams) a day of plain chocolate with a minimum content of 70% chocolate solids can be beneficial to health, providing protection against heart disease, high blood pressure, and many other health hazards as well as essential trace elements and nutrients such as iron, calcium and potassium, and vitamins A. B1, C, D, and E and it's a lot tastier than boring old vitamin pills too. A 1 1/2-ounce square of chocolate may have as many cancer-fighting antioxidants as a five-ounce glass of red wine."

Additionally, I contacted an owner of a company that does over $1 million dollars in sales a year about marketing our custom chocolates and they are interested in selling the finished product to their customers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home